Friday, March 29, 2024

A Fruitless Trip To Ollie's

For some reason, I got it into my head that I ought to take a drive all the way up to the Ollie's near me. Now, when I say near me, that is relative. It's a 35 minute drive from my house according to Google Maps, but it's the closest one there is, and every now and then, I figure I'll run out and check what they've got. Usually I don't bother, though, unless I hear on a YouTube video or something that there is a toy that I particularly want showing up there.

But, I went out and did it this past Saturday, and what did I find? Well, nothing. Sadly, it's kind of what I expected too. I don't know why I even went out there when I expected it to suck, but I still did.

As I was leaving, I decided to buy a two pack of figures from Solo: A Star Wars Movie. I just didn't want to go home empty-handed after that long drive. So, here's what I brought home.


It's Chewie and Han all covered in mud from the part of the movie where they meet. I figured they could be anything in Ankletown station, because the Han doesn't look at all like Han, and the Chewie, since he's covered in mud, looks like he could be a totally different wookiee too.

It also came with a gun for some reason, but that could be a useful thing on Ankletown Station too, so I'm glad to have it.

It comes apart in three pieces, and if you use them in some other context, then they could simply appear to be futuristic machinery, maybe plumbing or something like that. It will definitely be worth something, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time, just mostly.

I think what I need to start doing is taking the time that I spend running around town looking for toys to put in Ankletown Station and dedicating it to actually building Ankletown Station instead. Why do I have drawers full of figures if I'm never going to build this stupid space station?

No comments: