Saturday, March 23, 2024

An Update On The Elf

Yesterday, I talked about some of the Christmas stuff I got for the upcoming (like, it's just around the corner, isn't it?) season, and I mentioned that one of my elves came with a bit of a defect. The guy had a third eyebrow painted right across his nose. It looked pretty bad, and I was a little bummed about it.

Well, today I decided that I would send an email to BigBadToyStore, the company who makes and sells the figures, and ask if there was any way I could get a replacement head. I didn't really want to get another figure (I particularly didn't want to pay for another figure), I just wanted a replacement head.

Well, I feel like I have to come on here and let it be known that these guys made it right. I got an email back from them within an hour, and they thanked me for telling them and for sending a picture to demonstrate, and they refunded the money I spent on the figure as store credit immediately. I could use that to buy a new figure that would hopefully not have a third eyebrow going down the tip of its nose, or I could just save it and it would be applied to my next order.

Well, since I'm a crazy nerd, I immediately bought a new figure. So, sometime soon, a new, hopfully unblemished, head will arrive...along with another whole body and set of accessories...and I can use that one for my display. They didn't even want me to return the figure I had...which was good, because that is a big hassle.

So, I guess I'm here to tell my story of being a satisfied customer. BigBadToyStore isn't the cheapest place to buy toys, but I've bought several things from them over the years because I like their policies and now I like their customer service as well. No paid endorsement here, just a story of customer satisfaction.

No comments: