Sunday, March 17, 2024

Another Fortniter

I was at Ross the other day when I saw this funky little package of a Fortnite guy.

I've never seen any package like it. It's so small. It kind of looks like it must have been the driver of a vehicle, so it's just in a bubble that gets displayed next to the vehicle it came with...except it isn't. It's a completely self-contained product. It's weird, I looked it up online, and they didn't have any pictures of it in this packaging anywhere either, so I don't know.

What I do know is that this guy would look pretty good with the folks on Ankletown Station, so I made sure to grab him.

The jacket is cool, but it comes off, and it looks fine without it too, so I could swap it out to another character to give them a different look.

I've noticed that Fortnite figures often look like they're supposed to be their own version of some character from a different property. This guy looks so much like Snake Eyes from GI Joe that I can only assume that's what he's supposed to be. Although they have another guy in Fortnite whose name is Eight Ball, which seems like he also must be a ripoff of Snake Eyes, so who knows?

What I do know is that I'm irritated that I'm old enough that my eyes are so bad that I can't manage to get the weapons into the figure's hands without putting on my glasses.

But I can't see for crap long distance with them on, so I have to have them handy, but can't wear them all the time. Never get old, folks. It just ain't worth it.

No comments: