Friday, March 8, 2024

Saturday At Ross

Not only did I go to the Gulf Coast Toy Show on Saturday, but I also stopped in at my usual Rosses. It's been really hit or miss recently, but one of the Rosses had four different things that I wound up buying. They had two of this guy.

That is the Mandalorian in disguise as those troopers from the mine where he had to remove his helmet to get a face scan to get through the plan. You can remove the helmet and see Pedro Pascal underneath...I guess I should have taken the picture this way to begin with.

I figured, since they can be masked or unmasked, the figures can serve a dual purpose. They could be imperial troopers with the helmet on, or a dude in green armor with the helmet off.

They also had Yoda.

All the Rosses had Yoda, but I only needed one, and I got him at the very first Ross. Nobody else had the Mandalorian in disguise figure, so two was all I got.

Lastly, they had the Toony Terrors Leatherface figure. 


They've been asking way too much money for these figures. What they wanted to charge at Ross was what they were charging at the regular stores as well, so I've left them be. This one, however, didn't have a price tag on it. They've started marking them down from $12 to $8.50 recently, so I wondered if Leatherface was one of those.

I took it to the register and asked the cashier what it cost. She looked it up on her computer, and said that it was going for $6, so I got an even better deal than I expected.

So, not only did I get seven alien and droid figures at a toy show, but I got three more Vintage Collection figures at Ross to add to Ankletown Station. Then I added a Halloween figure to boot.

No comments: