Sunday, March 3, 2024

R5-D4

Rish will mock me for this one, but I paid full-price for a Star Wars Vintage Collection figure...and solely because it was a droid and I found it in the store. I would never have done it if I were shopping online. I would have scoffed and clicked away, but there was something about being able to have it immediately that made me pull the trigger on a vastly overpriced toy.

They charge way too much for these things these days. You have to pay the price I used to pay for six-inch figures for a four-inch figure now. It's pretty ridiculous.

However, I just really wanted to have me some more droids, so I paid it anyway.

R5-D4 is a particularly good one, because he comes from the original movie...even though the card on this one claims him as a Mandalorian character.

I know there are many other customers of Star Wars Vintage Collection figures, but these guys at Hasbro could take all of my money from me, and I would be powerless to stop them, if they just put out dozens of different droids like this one in various colors. If I saw them in stores, they would have me. Sad, isn't it?

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

I've never seen that R5-D4, so I don't know what I would do if I found one.