Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Good Stuff Even Cheaper

Ollie's is nice and all, but I was recently looking on Amazon and they had a bunch of things marked down to drastically cheap levels, things that I thought could be really cool. To start with, there was this Lightyear set:


I've seen several people who post pictures of their own space station on Instagram use these Buzz figures to create robots for their world.

Lightyear figures are 5-inch scale not 4-inch scale, but if they are...maybe some kind of big loader robots or something, they could fit in. Also, I was looking at them and thinking that if I cut them off at the waist and removed the arms, I could possibly turn them into astromech droids using the upper body and domed heads.

So, I bought me a set of the figures. 

It was so cheap that each figure cost less than $3, including that giant red robot. I was thinking that I might even be able to use the red robot. It could be one of the Sentinel-style peacekeeping/oppression providing robot that President Government has deployed around the space station to keep the residents in line. I may have to grab a couple more sets of these considering how cheap they were, so I can have a few robots and sentinels to use for my non-existent space station.

Maybe I ought to get started on my space station...

No comments: