Monday, June 5, 2023

Overwhelming

I'm a carnivore, so I don't give a crap about this stuff, but year after year my wife insists on planting a small garden in our back yard. This year, she took it a little easier than usual. She planted onions, green peppers, and a few zucchini plants. Things started growing, and I thought I'd share a picture of the garden with you.

In case you're wondering, the garden is in there underneath all those leaves. My wife made a three tier garden box and planted different plants on each level of the box, but obviously all you can see is the zucchini. Here's a side view to give you a general idea of what's under there.

The onions are in the middle row, and they aren't going to give us any kind of yield, I'm sure. The pepper plant may give us a little something. The other big plants on the back row are sunflowers, and they should be fine. That's only three zucchini plants there.

I don't know why the front row is growing so much better than the rest. The same thing happened last year, only my wife planted okra there that time.

I don't know why I shared this. I just thought it was funny the way that zucchini plant completely overwhelmed everything else, and I figured I'd share that picture. Hope you found it chuckle-worthy too.

No comments: