Monday, August 7, 2023

Crimson Surprise

I was pretty excited yesterday when I was out looking for toys, and I came across this:

The Crimson Guard is one of my favorite GI Joe figures from the eighties, so when they made the new version of it, I made sure to pre-order one. However, they are army guys, and would be much cooler if there were more of them. They'd be a great figure to army build with, as is many of the Cobra figures from GI Joe. They had a few main character-type guys in Cobra, but a lot more army-type guys.

Funny thing is that I was at this Walmart last week, and they didn't have any Crimson Guards available at all, but now they have one, and they've even marked it down to $12. Did it fall down behind the shelf or something, and someone just found it? Where did it come from? It makes no sense...but it doesn't matter, I'll take it. Half-price is so much better than full-price.

I'd really like to have three Crimson Guards to have a mini-army of them like I got with the B.A.T.S. that one time when I went out on a toy hunt last year. The cool part is that this guy makes that possible. I already had one Crimson Guard that I paid full-price for, because I wanted to make sure that I got at least one. Add this $12 one, and that's two.

And now these two are waiting on the shelf for a third one that Rish Outfield picked up for me the other day. There's a store where he lives called Treasure Trove that gets damaged boxes that were shipped to other stores, but now are not fit for sale at full-price. So, they mark them down, and sell them at Treasure Trove. Somehow, Rish knows the owner...through Facebook or something like that...and the guy messaged him saying that he had some of the new Vintage Wave Crimson Guards at his store.

Rish, knowing how much I love Crimson Guards and want an army of them, rushed over and bought one of them for me. They weren't quite half price, but they were discounted to something like $17. The vintage ones are a little bit different.

I think the only real difference is that the face mask is silver instead of black, and the backpack is red instead of black. The cool part is that with that slight variation, I'll be able to put the silver mask one front and center, and his different coloring will make him appear as the leader of the squad. So, it will be a little cooler than my three B.A.T.S.

They're all the same, but they're also androids, so they probably should be identical. Also, they have different things that they can plug into their arms, like robot claws or flamethrowers.

Anyway, I had to share my big success from my toy hunt with you, even though nobody who reads this blog cares other than Rish, who I already told over the phone. Maybe I need to get my Big Anklevich on Toys videos going again so that people who might enjoy this kind of stuff will actually see it. Hmmm...

No comments: