Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Hey, Taxi!

Ever since I first compared Hot Wheels cars to the figure that came with my Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron X-Wing toy, I've been watching for any car that looks like it belongs on the roads in a space station. Something futuristic looking. 

The car I compared the figure to wasn't bad, but it looked like a racecar. 

Can't have too many of those on the roads, but a few aren't bad.

Today, I was at the dollar store, and I found exactly what I was looking for:

It's a Matchbox car of the Citroën Ami. It's one of those tiny little Smart car like rides.

Barely fits a person in it, it appears, but it has a weird futuristic look, and could make the perfect droid-driven taxi for the space station. Best yet, they had several of them. I bought three.

But I could have bought many more...and I still possibly might go back and do just that. These things look good alongside those same figures that I compared the Hot Wheels with. Here's Boba Fett about to jump inside the Droid Taxi for a lift to the landing pad where he parked the Slave I.

Oh, sorry, I mean his spit-fire-spray-whatever-the-hell-they-want-us-to-call-it-now. He hired a robo-taxi for his whole crew, and here's a shot of them arriving at the ship.

Looks legit, right? I like it. I need to get going on this space station. It should be pretty easy, really, since it's so small. There's no excuse not to start on it, and I think I'll be doing that soon. Not this month, though. It's about to get out of hand soon...family coming, helping my daughter move, visiting Rish Outfield. But I'll get around to it after all that slows up.

No comments: