Saturday, August 19, 2023

Halo Pod

I've been finding a lot of things on clearance these days, and here's another example. This is the Halo drop pod.

They've been asking more than $20 for this thing, and so I haven't been interested much, but I just found it this week marked at $7. A figure and a ship...even if it's tiny and worthless, is a pretty good deal for $7.

So, the ship is just a pod. I guess it's like an escape pod, but they call it a drop pod. I suppose that's because it is a pod that a soldier drops to the battlefield on. A sci-fi version of a parachute I guess.

That might be upside down. In fact, I think it is.

The canopy doesn't flip open on a hinge. It just pops all the way off. I think it's supposed to be like a door that blasts open so the soldier inside can jump out.

The figure rides inside in the seat, although it was fairly difficult to put him in there without his legs popping off their joints. I did eventually manage to get him in there though.

I don't know what I'll do with this. It's not particularly cool, but it could sit on a launch pad somewhere on the space station and look cool...or it could hang on the side of a building as the escape pod for it or something. I don't know. Kind of cool. Maybe it could work.

No comments: