Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Some Clearance Finds (Part 1)

I really gotta stop this. I keep adding to the population of Ankletown, yet there is no Ankletown for them to inhabit. It's a sickness, I admit, but I have a hard time turning things down when I see them for half-price or less.

For example, I was at Walmart this week, and they had a bunch of things I'd like on the clearance aisle. First, there was Human Bill the Fortnite figure. 

Perfect guy to put on a space station filled with aliens and Star Wars guys, right? I'd seen him for months, but because they made him come with this stupid little spaceship...the Lil' Saucer...they wanted four or five dollars more than even a regular price figure.

I waited them out, though. I found it on clearance for $7, and picked it up. It looks good with some of the other guys you'll find on the station.

The Lil' Saucer is pretty useless though.

I can't even figure out how to get ol' Bill to sit in it. If I try to put him in a cross-legged pose, his legs pop out of their sockets at the hips, and I have to pop them back in place.

I think I'll probably pull the saucer apart, and use it to make the space station look more interesting. Maybe gluing the various pieces of the thing to the wall to make futuristic looking machinery and the like. I might not even need to paint it, since it's already got a pretty good look to it as it is.

Surprisingly, that wasn't all I found. There were a few more things that I was willing to buy, what were they?

Don't worry. I'm not gonna leave you hanging forever like The Force Awakens did. I'll post another one tomorrow. See you then.

No comments: