Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The Mouse That Would Be King

It's super hot outside right now, so maybe this isn't the time for this post, but I was at Target today, and I saw this Splinter figure for sale. 

It's the first time I've seen it among all the Ninja Turtle crap that's for sale because of the new movie right now. They've got all the other figures...every turtle, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, and so on, but I never saw Splinter anywhere.

Then, all of a sudden, here he is.

I don't like the Ninja Turtles at all, though. So why would I care? Good question. You are absolutely right. Turtles are not my thing. But...

A while ago, I got a few of these Fortnite figures to put up on my shelf at Christmastime.

So, who do these Nutcrackers need to complete the picture? The Mouse King, of course. Splinter is a mouse...or a rat? A rodent, anyway. What if I took the head off of that thing and maybe put it on another body? Or maybe I dressed up this one in something else so that he looks more like a king?

Gotta get rid of those glasses, for one. Will they come off cleanly? I don't know. Probably, but these are pretty mass-market level toys. They have to make those very strong and hard to break so that kids don't choke on them or something.

Oh, wait, I just saw this picture on a website selling the figure.

Apparently, the glasses are 100% removable. I kind of wish I'd known that, because I didn't buy the figure, even though I'd never seen it in all this time. I just took that picture, and left it there. Now I feel like I should run back there and buy it up. I wonder how hard it would be to get the head off.

Maybe I can find another one so that both of the nutcrackers have someone to fight...maybe I can add the head to a good six inch figure that...


No comments: