Wednesday, August 16, 2023

This Time It Is For Me

Two weeks ago, I talked about how Rish Outfield had found Boba Fett's Starship...also known as Slave I...on sale at his local Walmart. It had gone from $32.97 to $10. 

He bought one that he says I could have...but it's kind of big, and I'll be flying out to visit him with nothing more than a backpack that I have to stuff under the seat, so anything I bring back will have to fit in that small of a carrying case. So, last week, when I saw it on sale at my Walmart for $15, Rish said I was probably wrong to have left it behind. Maybe I'd be paying more for it, but it wasn't much, and at least I'd be able to get it home.

They had a lot of the ships, though, so I was hoping that some would remain until the next week, when they should drop to the next level of clearance. Well, my ploy played out just as I'd hoped. I went this week, and although all of the ships on the shelves that were marked down with stickers were gone, I found some up above the shelves, and they rang up for $7.

So now, right here in my hot little hands is the Slave I.

In fact, because it was so very cheap, I bought a second one. Maybe I'll repaint it to some other colors and use it like that on my space station, or maybe I'll just sell it on eBay to somebody who wanted one but never got the chance to pick one up. I've been in that situation many a time, so I kind of like being able to help somebody out of that situation. Who knows.

One more ship for my 1/72 Ankletown Station, and I'm pretty stoked to get it. Now I have to keep a look out for when they put the Razorcrest on sale so I can pick that one up too. For some reason, they didn't mark that one down here like they did where Rish lives, so I'll see when and if that finally happens.

No comments: