Friday, August 4, 2023

Some Clearance Finds (Part 3)

Okay, folks, it's the big finale of the saga that you've been glued to your screens for. Today we find out what the last thing was that I found on clearance. It was this Batman set:

I found it on clearance for only $8. That seemed like a great deal since it came with a Batman figure...who I will probably customize to make him look like he belongs on a space station...a Mr. Freeze figure...who already looks like a guy in a space suit, so I'll probably leave him as is...and the Bat-Tech Flyer...which could make a great little speeder bike/swoop bike/solo spacecraft as is as well, although I'll probably do a little repaint to make it look less Batman and more random spaceship-like.

Here's a better shot of Batman.

It's not a bad figure. It's got cool armor and stuff, but the paint job is crap. Also, I don't need a Batman. I may try to modify the head somehow, or I may just swap it out for another, but it needs work.

Here's a better shot of Mr. Freeze.

He looks very alien. I barely need to do anything for this guy. There's a few spots, particularly on the arms that need some paint, but otherwise, he's good as is.

The ship is pretty cool too. Here it is with a figure riding on it...not the Batman, but the Claire figure that I talked about yesterday.



I'm mostly happy with how it looks, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of the blue paint on it, particularly those eyes on the front of it. They make it into an obvious Batman vehicle. Without them, you probably wouldn't notice.

So, there you go. This time it was two figures and a ship for $8. Which makes them about $2 per figure and only $4 for the ship...at least, that's how I'd break it up. Again, a pretty great deal, so I'm happy to have gotten it along with the other two things I talked about.

No comments: