Monday, September 11, 2023

Doggo And Grey

When I was out looking for toys this weekend, I found a couple of things from Fortnite that I wanted at Ross. First of all, there was Doggo:

Yup, it's a guy with a bulldog head...bulldog? I'm not good with dog breeds, but I think that's what we're looking at there...on a normal human body. 

The dog head makes it weird enough, that I could probably just have it walking around as is on Ankletown Station, but I'm more interested in the body. I could easily swap out the head for an alien...like one of those four Mon Calamari guys Rish got for me, for example...and it would be a pretty great looking custom figure.

He comes with a little ice cream bar, but I don't know if you can really tell what it is, so I may not use that much. He also came with this stupid little ice cream truck vehicle.

You can fit him inside of it, and he can drive it.

But unless Ankletown Station is actually set in the world of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, then I don't know how I would incorporate it into things. I may cut the ice cream cone off the side so that a character could be holding it like the ice cream bar, but otherwise, I'll probably just have to chuck it.

Luckily, it wasn't expensive at all. It's kind of weird, because these figures come with these little mini-vehicles like this, yet Ross charges less for them than they do for the single-packed figures that come with nothing at all. This guy was $2.99 and they usually charge $4.99 for Fortnite 4-inch figures otherwise.

Because of that great price, when I saw one of the alien guys that I talked about in earlier posts, I decided to grab one.

This Human Bill guy has an alien head on what looks like a regular old human body. It's a good looking alien face, so I thought I could take the head off and put it on all sorts of bodies to make aliens for the space station. 

I figured, though, that I needed to take the sunglasses off if I wanted to do that. It would be weird if every alien guy in the station was all wearing sunglasses. So, this one was my test case. Could I get the sunglasses off? Do they just come off easy or are they integrated into the sculpt and not able to be removed.

I took an Exacto to the glasses, and managed to get them off...mostly.

It will need a little attention to look just right. The frames of the glasses didn't come off completely. I could paint over them, and I suspect you wouldn't notice them much, but as is, they don't look good at all. The eyes got a little messed up removing the glasses too. They were glued on...or whatever, maybe molded on, I don't know...so they will need some paint too.

Maybe I could make the whole figure a different color because of the need to repaint. There could be blue ones but also green ones and red ones and grey ones. They could be like Rodians in Star Wars. Greedo was green, and at first that was the only color you ever got, but eventually, they started expanding them, and now you see them in every color.

This guy is based on the Greys from alien abduction conspiracies anyway, so he might be more appropriate in grey. We'll see what we do. The cool thing is that there were about five of these guys at my local Ross, so I could do a lot of customizing if I wanted. Maybe something like this:



No comments: