Monday, September 4, 2023

Flags Of A Father

A few months back, I got a second flagpole for my front yard. I wanted to be able to display a second flag along with my American flag. I wasn't sure the right way to do it, though, so I petitioned the folks on Facebook.

Everyone insisted that the American flag being on its own right was most important, but I couldn't switch it because the two poles were different sizes, and the American flag would only work on the skinny pole. So, I had to leave it like it was, and be out of code.

However, the universe was unhappy with that arrangement. I had to get a new flagpole. The mount that I got a while back broke on me. It was made of plastic, and was pretty unimpressive, so it's not too surprising that it broke, and it was actually the second time that it broke on me. It came with two mounts, and the first one broke within days. The second lasted a few months, but now it's gone too.

After dealing with the crappy mounts, I figured there's no way I'd deal with that again. So, I bought the same metal mount and large pole that my other flag was on. It came from Amazon today, and I quickly mounted it on the tree.

The good thing is, now that they are both on the same pole, I can switch the flags from one side to the other. This is what it looks like now:

You can tell that it's been a few months of drought since the last picture was taken, but now the flags are in the proper order. In line with flag code! It's probably stupid, and has bored all of y'all to death, but it makes me happy.

No comments: