Friday, September 15, 2023

Plasma Drill

I saw this thing from the Lightyear movie on Amazon. It's the plasma drill vehicle that they put out.

It's basically some kind of futuristic construction equipment or something. I don't know, really. I have no idea why they would even create such a toy as this. You can really tell with this line of toys that they were expecting this movie to do remarkably well. Rish was predicting that it would be the biggest movie of the year too, so they weren't alone. 

It really seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this toy. Was there even a plasma drill in the movie? I don't remember, because the movie wasn't memorable.

This could be an interesting addition to the space station, though. If nothing else, I could remove this top part from the legs and make it some kind of speeder.

It's a little large, since it's made for 5 inch figures not 4 inch ones. The Halo guys look good on it though. They're the largest figures that I have. When I tried a Star Wars guy on there, it looked pretty silly, but Star Wars guys are the smallest of the bunch.

I tried unscrewing that screw you can see in the picture to remove the top part, but it didn't do anything. It didn't come off. I suspect that I could pry it off once the screw is out, but i didn't want to break it, just in case. I'm not certain that I want to remove it or not.

We'll see. Should be fun one way or another.

No comments: