Thursday, July 21, 2022

Almost Blew It

That was a close one. I was working hard all day trying to get two Big Anklevich on Toys videos done. They gave me a few problems, so I wasn't able to get them done early like I wanted, and they used up the time that I have normally been using to write. I was going to have to write late at night after coming home from work, but I forgot.

I was five steps from bed when I was thinking about the day, and how content I was that I'd gotten two videos done in the space of one day, even though it was hard and I'd had to use up all my normal writing time...

Writing? Writing! I forgot to write! If I hadn't had that passing thought before jumping in bed, I might have completely missed it.

It was 1:00 AM now, but I still needed to do it. I couldn't go to bed now that I'd remembered. So, I went back to the computer, and mustered the least possible words. I only made it to 225, but, since I don't have a daily goal yet, that was enough. 

My daily goal is just to do it. I have to get in the habit. Next month it'll be 500 words, and then I'll have to keep going on a night like last night.

So, by luck and happenstance, I'm still perfect. I've written every day for 20 days in a row now. I'm at 10,048 words (which is pretty piddly for 20 days, but again, it's the doing not the how much I'm doing that matters right now. I've got to keep telling myself that).

Here's my progress toward my overall goal:

10048 / 304475 (3.30%)

I've got to get myself a monthly goal, so that this thing doesn't look so that this thing doesn't look so piddly and sad. At least I'm above one percent now, though. I think I was still below that the last time I posted about this.

I figured I'd include one more thing. I always like to include some kind of simple symbol on the top of the page of each chapter in books that I write. I think it gives it some nice style. So, I had to find myself one for Ankletown Station. Since I'm now in chapter three, it was important that I find it. Well, I decided to go with this one:


You're blown away, aren't you? I knew it. It's pretty great. So, when it's finished, and published, the first page should look something like this.


That makes you want to buy it, doesn't it? I knew it. So great. Well, I can't wait to make it available for you. See you then...and hopefully some more before then, because that's probably a long way off.

No comments: