Tuesday, July 26, 2022

New Insta

A little while back, I resurrected my old toy channel on YouTube.

I figured it was the best way to go. I've been posting about my toy collecting here on the blog, but I get the sense that in most cases, it's not particularly appreciated. 

Most people, I assume, follow me because of the podcasts that I do and my writing which kind of goes hand in hand with the podcast. Not many of them are toy collectors as well, and probably get a little irked each time I post something that deals with toys, and I've been doing that a lot.

So, I decided that what I needed to do was stop irking people. Nobody likes to be irked. Irk is a funny word, isn't it? Anyway, I started my toy channel to peel off those endless toy posts over to their own area where people who like toy collecting can congregate with me, and those that don't, need not be irked about it (yeah, had to get one more in, just to irk you).

Continuing with this effort, I decided I needed to do the same with my Instagram. I started my Instagram up as a way to augment the reach of my YouTube channel, but many people who just like the podcast followed it anyway, I assume because it was my only Instagram to be had. Well, no longer!

I just partitioned off a second Instagram that will be for more regular Big Anklevich writing and podcast material and won't deal with toys at all. I renamed my original channel to @biganklevichtoys and started a new one called @biganklevichauthor.

So, if you use Instagram, and follow me, but aren't particularly interested in toys, you can feel free to drop the channel that looks like this:

And subscribe to the channel that looks like this:

I guess that's all.

No comments: