Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Four Days

In my post about day two, I mentioned how I hadn't been able to achieve as many words that day than I had the day before. Well, that became a trend for me.

The next day was day Sunday. I had to work (it's the fourth Sunday in a row I've had to work, and I'm guessing I'll probably have one more before it's all done). I usually do my writing during my lunch break at work, however today work was a little crazier than usual. I worked right up to the very last second to get everything finished in time, and had only a few minutes to write after it was all over.

So, my word count came down a little further. This time it was only 320. Three days, and each day it has been less. That's probably not a good sign.

It wasn't over, though. The next day was the Fourth of July, and again, I was at work. You'd think that things would be easier on a holiday, but not this time. They made the show as intense as they could, and made me all the more bitter that I was there working and not off enjoying myself like the majority of the country.

I had even less time than the day before to write, and on top of that I felt like absolute garbage. I had a horrible headache, and it made me just want to curl up in a ball and die. So, I only wrote a tiny amount, 228 words.

But, that was something. It was still something. I didn't just skip it. I wrote something. That's really what my goal is this month. The goal is to get in the habit of writing every day. Next month I'll worry about hitting a certain daily word count.

So, even though it was a couple of days of disaster, it was a great victory. And I'm going to keep it up.

Here's how it's going so far toward my goal. I've made it to a half of a percent! Woohoo.

1630 / 304475 (0.54%)

No comments: