Thursday, July 7, 2022

Coinage

Yesterday, I mentioned the Boba Fett figure that I found at Target. If you read that one, you might have noticed in the package photos that the figure has a coin that comes with it.

It's another homage to the eighties. The last of the original Star Wars figures came with collector coins too, and they're just aping that to try to drum up nostalgia in us old nerds and motivate us to buy the figures.

Rish sent me a link to an eBay auction where somebody sold the coin for almost $10. If that's possible, then maybe buying this guy wasn't such a ripoff after all.

Either I'll do that, or I'll take the coin to a store, and see what the reaction is when I try to pay with it. That might be more fun, seeing the clerk look at the coin and say, "What the hell is this? Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter. Are you seriously trying to pay with that?

No comments: