Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Settling On Bo-Katan

Just after I picked up Fennec Shand the other day, I went to the next store and found Bo-Katan Kryze on the pegs. Better yet, she was on sale. She comes from the same wave of figures as Fennec Shand, but there were no Fennecs to be seen, so at least I didn't pay more than I had to.

Like Fennec Shand, Bo-Katan comes with an unmasked head as well as her helmet, and similarly they are both actual heads rather than helmets that fit over the figure's head.

Which gives me a Katee Sackhoff head that I can put onto someone else if I want to. We'll see if I find something to do that with. Again, I suspect that it might be a Fortnite character.. Maybe I ought to try it out on one of those cat bots that I have four of...hmm...

This is my first Mandalorian character I've managed to obtain...if you don't count the 5POA Boba Fett that came with the ship that I bought back in 2017 at a Ross in Channelview while we were living in a hotel waiting to move into our own house here in Houston. I don't really count that, because he has a place on the sand skiff that I display on my normal shelves.

That's kind of surprising, considering how Mandalorian crazy Star Wars has become, but then again, I just started collecting this scale, so I guess it's not that surprising.

I'm not crazy about the character, and Rish has me basically convince that she is a villain, but she has a pretty good look. It would be fun to have a cadre of Mandalorians walking around on Ankletown Station. I do think Rish might be right. It does seem like sooner or later Din Djaron and Bo-Katan Kryze are destine to have to fight for the Dark Saber. I guess we'll see how they handle that to find out if she is evil or not.

No comments: