Sunday, July 10, 2022

Real Running, Day 1

I went out to walk my normal route today, except not to walk it, but to run it. I downloaded a run-tracking app, and when I got to the mouth of the greenbelt trails, I started out jogging. I went for about a half mile before giving myself a walking break. I ran for a second time, making it less distance before taking a rest, and then ran for a third time to finish out the course.

All in all, I'd say I might have run about half of the distance. I walk, usually, for two miles, so I ran for one mile today.

When I walk, it usually takes 45 minutes, so this is a pretty big speed improvement.

The thing I found to be so weird is that I still didn't have any issues with burning lungs. I expected it yesterday, and didn't get it. Then today, when I stepped it up so much more, I still didn't get it. I guess that it's just not coming my way, unless maybe I do some sprinting or something...which I'd like to do. Apparently, sprinting is much more effective exercise than just jogging. (You can't sprint a marathon, though).

2 comments:

Dave said...

I miss running in Texas.

Dave said...

After the sun went down when it was about 95, it felt good, like a sauna, seems odd but it did.