Thursday, July 21, 2022

The Loneliest Number

My wife sent me to buy pierogies for dinner the other night, and as I wandered the aisles of the freezer section, I came across this aisle, marked with this sign.

Meals for one. There's something just so sad about such a thing existing. It made me feel down just looking at it, and I don't even fit the demographic. I can't imagine how sad someone who shops in the aisle must feel each time they get there and see that sign staring back at them.

Then again, maybe it's by choice, and every time they see the sign, they feel a little more empowered. I don't need nobody to make me feel validated! I am my own person! I can do what I want! I sleep in a racing car!

I don't know. I guess it seems like they could have chosen better phrasing for the aisle name so that people don't get sad when they see it like I did.

Imagine people shopping this aisle on Valentine's Day. Grim. Come on, HEB, you can come up with a better name for it than that.

No comments: