Thursday, July 14, 2022

Not

Somebody in a Facebook group I frequent posted this picture.

While I would never consume this product, I at least find it admirable that they are honest about what it is...or better said, what it is not.

I've long thought it was strange that there are so many products that call themselves milk yet are not milk at all. Almond milk, soy milk, oat milk...none of those are milk. They can't be milk. They come from plants. Plants make juice not milk. Heck, there can't even be lizard milk or lobster milk. Mammals make milk.

I hear so many people talk about how powerful the dairy lobby is, but all of those products prove that statement to be incorrect. If they were powerful, they would have lobbied to make sure that products that aren't milk cannot be allowed to call themselves milk on their labeling. Instead, the plant milks do whatever they want. I guess we know who actually has the powerful lobby.

Then, of course, there's this recent story about how scientists want us to drink cockroach milk. Good God, somebody kill me now. If that's our future, I'd prefer to just say goodbye now.

I'd hate to work at the cockroach milk dairy, though. How do they get a hold of those tiny udders to squeeze out the few drops of milk, and how many cockroaches do you have to milk to be able to have a bowl of cereal?

No comments: