Saturday, March 11, 2017

Day 10 Of March

It's 1:00 AM again, and I'm just finishing with my words for the day. I need to stop staying up so late to write, but I don't know how to go about it. My wife wanted to stay up late and watch a movie together this evening. She usually sleeps early, so I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't upset to have it happen. I figured she'd probably fall asleep before the movie went very far, but she didn't, surprisingly.

We watched Boyhood, which was pretty long (like fifteen years long, amiright?). The movie didn't end until 11:45 PM. So, then my wife went to bed, and I had to say, "No, I'm not going to bed with you, I've got to go write now."

Sucked, but I still did it. I could have told her no to the movie, but I refuse. I want to be able to live my life and write as well. A few weeks ago, I saw a comic strip by Zen Pencils posted on Facebook. It was an illustrated version of a few paragraphs from Stephen King's On Writing book if I remember right. It's called The Desk, and it talks about the importance of art being a support system for life and not vice versa.

When I first saw it a few weeks ago, I thought it didn't really apply to me. But only a few days later, and I already see how it works. If my wife wants to spend time together, then I'm going to do it. I can write later if I have to. Hell, tomorrow's Saturday. I can sleep in if I need to.

So, after the movie, I sat down, and spent an hour or so writing another 1,104 words. Kept with my goal, and had a nice time with my wife. I think this evening couldn't have gone better...except if I'd had time to get that Dunesteef episode posted. That's been waiting a little too long. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow morning.

Here's the daily chart:


No comments: