Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 22 Of March: 50 Days In A Row!

I don't have the slightest idea why or even how this happened, but I wrote a new record high number of words today. I wrote for a while, and thought I ought to check and see where I was at, assuming that I would be somewhere in the 900's, probably fifty words short of my goal. My guess was wrong, though. I was already at 1,100. I could just stop, and call it a night, but I was in a weird spot to stop at. Right dead in the middle of a scene. So, I plunged ahead, and finished writing the scene. Then, just because, I wrote a couple of paragraphs of denouement for the scene, finishing up the chapter. By the time I was done, I was at 1,755 words. That's almost 200 words higher than my best output so far in all of this.


So, today is my fiftieth day writing in a row. That seems like a pretty big deal for some reason. Not sure why, but it does. Maybe it's because Sunny and Gray is now above 50,000 words. 50 days, 50,000 words. Sort of a symmetry.

That's a lot of words. That's enough to be a prize winner at NaNoWriMo...if I'd done it in one month anyway. But still, according to NaNoWriMo, I've written the equivalent of a full novel. Sadly, I'm nowhere near the end of the book. It's going to be really long, it seems. It's already something that no one is going to want to read, and now it's long as hell too. This is going to be such a triumphant first novel. Go me!

No comments: