Friday, March 24, 2017

Day 23 Of March

Yesterday was kind of weird, because our internet went out. Not that big of a deal for me and my wife, but my kids were devastated. It was the end of the world for them. Especially for my daughter who normally uses her laptop to get online with. She likes that better, and has mostly given up on her phone. I think she only uses it as a backup, in conditions like today. However, she couldn't find where she'd put it last night. She looked for an hour, and then gave up and decided that whining to me was the way to fix things.

We called the company, and it was an area wide outage, and technicians were out working on it, but there was nothing that could be done to fix it right away. No unplugging and then replugging in of the router was going to make a difference. Sorry, go find your phone, goofball.

Anyway, why the story? Well, instead of writing in my usual manner, using my desktop computer and Google Docs, which wasn't going to work because of the lack of internet, I just used my bluetooth keyboard and my phone, like I usually use when I write with Rish, last night.


It worked just fine, and I was able to get 1,150 words in.

Now that I think of it, though, I probably could have worked offline. Google Docs backs all my files up to my computer. So, I didn't even need to do that. I could have just written some words, and then when the internet service returned, it would have uploaded my progress to the cloud. That cloud computing shit is pretty amazing stuff. I love it.


No comments: