Thursday, May 11, 2023

Almost There

You may remember...but probably don't, because why would you? I did a post about a month ago about planting flowers in the planter box beside my mailbox. I swore that we would actually have something in that box. This is our sixth year here, and never once has there been anything but dirt in that stupid planter box. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to water the plants every day, and that post was exulting in the fact that the shoots were starting to come up.

Well, after a month, things have only gotten better. I've watered the flowers every day (except the many days that it rained in the last month), and the flowers are doing great.

The plants have grown really tall, but so far, I had yet to see any flowers on them. Today, however, I saw this:

Flower buds! Finally! I can't wait until they open up and this mass of green leaves explodes in color.

It'll look nice. I'm so excited about how well it's going that I'm thinking of planting more flowers in a second empty area of dirt in our front yard.

No comments: