Thursday, May 4, 2023

Hot Cha Cha

Anybody ever have the candy called Red Hots when they were young? You remember these?

I used to eat these a lot when I was a kid, but I haven't seen them in probably thirty years. I didn't know they still existed. Talking about the Red Hots meant you were talking about the band Red Hot Chili Peppers now, not the candy.

I don't much care for either version of Red Hots. The band hasn't had a good song since 1991, and the candy is made from cinnamon oil which makes me sick.

My wife likes cinnamon oil-related things, though, and sometimes flaunts it on me. For example, she bought that box of Red Hots when she saw them at the dollar store the other day.  The joke was on her in the end, though. She thought they were Hot Tamales instead. She likes to eat Hot Tamales mixed with popcorn. It's something that a friend of hers put her onto years ago. She saw that box of candy above at the dollar store, and thought she would have some popcorn with them, but Red Hots are crunchy, not chewy like Hot Tamales. So, she didn't get to have her disgusting treat. Take that!

No comments: