Sunday, May 7, 2023

Toy Overload, Part 2

The thing that had been waiting the longest to reach my hands from Rish's was the skiff guard 3-pack.

As per Hasbro's MO, they wanted a lot for this thing. These days, you can get a 3.75 inch figure for about $15, but when Hasbro puts them together in a 3-pack, then for some reason they charge you $60 instead of $45. Apparently the box they shove the figures in is worth $15 too, I guess.

So, needless to say, it was too expensive for me to buy new, and as I discussed in a previous post, around here, things don't make it to clearance very often. Not unless it's a garbage tier property like Black Adam or The Eternals. However, where Rish lives, there's a much greater opportunity for things in more respected lines to show up on sale.

He has this store...I've never been there because it didn't exist when I still lived there, and I can never remember the name of it...that sells second run stuff. He often finds good deals on Star Wars figures there, and one day I was talking to him on the phone when he saw the skiff guard 3-pack. I begged him to get one for me and set it aside, and, since he's a nice guy, he did.

It was set aside for a long time, but our chance finally came to get them to me, and they made their way across the USA in my daughter's ancient Mini Cooper. And here they are:

They came on cards inside that box, because there's a lot of weirdo collectors out there that would rather keep their toys in the box instead of taking them out and displaying them.

I probably shouldn't share that video...it hits a little too close to home. *Stares off into space as the force theme plays hauntingly*

Anyway, they came out with a skiff toy years ago, and I jumped at the chance to buy one, put it on the shelf, and just look at it. However, I didn't have the figures necessary for the ship. I had a Boba Fett that came with the Slave I ship I'd gotten in 2017, and I managed to get a Jedi Luke and a skiff guard Lando, but I had not a single skiff guard for them to fight.

For the time being, I had them battling with aliens from the cantina scene in Star Wars, but when Rish got me that skiff guard set, my problems were solved.

I packed them on my skiff, and now it looks great:

Oh, whoops, that's not the right picture. Those dancing girls came from Rish in the package as well. He didn't want them, and I told him I could surely find a place for them on my space station, so he sent them along to me. Here's the correct picture.

Looks pretty good, right? I'm excited anyway, even if no one else cares about the things that I like. *Stares off into space as the force theme plays hauntingly*

Hem Dazon used to guard the skiff, but now that he's free, he's out on the town, hoping to get him some strange (and yes, I had to look the guy's name up. I'm not that far gone yet).

 

No comments: