Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Best Movie Soundtracks

I love movie soundtracks. I have most of John Williams' repertoire, as well as James Horner, Thomas Newman, Alan Silvestri, and even a few of Hans Zimmer's (despite the fact that I hate what he's done to the film score scene). My all-time favorite soundtrack is the one James Horner did for the movie, Glory.

The other day I was thinking it might be fun to see what some other people thought were great movie soundtracks, so I searched for it on YouTube, figuring I'd click on a playlist and see if I agreed. The weird thing was what came up. Right on the side, ready to play, was this list that YouTube suggested.

Anybody else see the problem that I see? The list calls itself Best Movie Soundtracks, and then just tries to dump a bunch of TV theme songs on us. Do they not know what a movie is?

Come on man!



No comments: