Monday, May 8, 2023

Toy Overload, Part 3

I don't know if I should talk about this one...this may be like one of Rish's TMI episodes...but I like She-Ra. Not a ton or anything, but I have to say that when I was a kid, I thought She-Ra was hot...and I think that's probably objectively true.

Up until now, I've kept that my dirty little secret. MOTU Masterverse, however, made an action figure of She-Ra that I thought looked really great, and I was considering buying it. Then all the MOTU Masterverse toys suddenly went on clearance, so I gave in and decided to pick it up. 

Except, I didn't find She-Ra on clearance anywhere. I found every other character, just not her. As usual, my ace in the hole was Rish. He found it on clearance, and bought it for me and set it aside, and now my daughter has brought this figure my way.

I told Rish he didn't need to send me the boxes, because it was unnecessary size and weight to ship, but since we weren't shipping them anymore, I suppose he decided he didn't want to bother taking them out of their boxes. So, the figure came in her box.

Looking at the back side gave me a little pause. Maybe I shouldn't have this figure. This might not be for me...

A pink unicorn? Isn't that taking it a little too far? I thought She-Ra had a white unicorn. Oh, I guess that was in the cartoon. She had a white unicorn with rainbow colored wings, but the toy was a pink unicorn. That's some really nice artwork though. You could put that on the side of a van in 70s and be...well, maybe still not be very macho, I suppose.

Anyway, the figure itself is really nice. I pulled it out and put it with the Frosta figure that I bought back when Rish bought the She-Ra for me...oh, I guess I haven't mentioned that. I also have a thing for Frosta. Don't worry, it's the same deal. I think she's totally hot, which is, again, objectively true.

In fact, one of the first characters I made up when I was a kid was a cross between Frosta and Storm. Her name was Annika the Galactic Pirate Queen. She was basically Storm wearing Frosta's outfit. I really like that blue and white look. So, when I saw the toy, I had a few reasons to buy it, I guess.

I sent that picture to Rish, and he responded asking:

 He was right...I had to re-pose her to make her look better before putting her on the shelf.

Standing up straighter and true did make the figure look a lot better. I know there's a bunch of other characters in the Princesses of Power show, but my collection is complete.

See you tomorrow with a different princess...

No comments: