Monday, October 16, 2023

Another Fortnite Obsession

A while back, there was a Fortnite figure that I kept finding everywhere. Her name I can never remember, but the internet can help...it was Singularity. I did a post about it when I worked on customizing the first one way back when. Well, at first, I just got the one, but I kept seeing it and seeing it, and then I had an idea. I invented a group of all-female fighters called the Valkyries that inhabited Ankletown Station, and now I needed more than just one. So, I bought each and every one that I found.

After a while, I assembled a pretty large group:

And I finally had to stop buying every one that I saw, because I just couldn't use any more of them.

Well, I've found myself in that same situation again. There's the guy called Human Bill. He's a blue alien guy that looks like a cross between the grey aliens you always hear about in alien abduction stories and the Men In Black. I saw him in the regular stores, but they wanted way too much for it. I figured that if I ever saw it on clearance or at Ross, then I'd pick it up then.

Well, I never saw it on clearance, but Ross has been selling them for $2.99 a piece for the last while. I got one, and thought I was done. But it's an alien guy, and Ankletown Station should be loaded with aliens. I could get a few more.

Then I thought I could take the heads and swap them out onto different bodies. I tried that, and I liked it. So, I got a few more. I mean, they were really cheap after all. They used to sell the Fortnite figures for $4.99, but now they were going for even less. How could I turn that down?

I put the head onto Doggo and also onto Master Key. I thought those both looked pretty dang good.

They look really good. A lot better than that square alien in the black suit.

Then again, those aliens in the black suits look like they could be in a ska band, don't you think? I can't think of what ska band it is that I'm thinking of...maybe the Skeletones? I can't find a picture of them all in black suits and sunglasses, but I thought that's what they dressed like when I saw them back in 1992. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...anyway, what about a ska band that plays in the Ankletown night club?

They definitely make you think of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes a little, right? 

I just need to get them some saxophones and trombones. Or maybe I could just get a few Figrin D'an figures and use the extra instruments he comes with to distribute to these guys. They could play space ska with space horns. I could probably just make my own little space instruments with something like a toothpick. Glue a few things onto it, and paint it gold and wham, space horn. Could work.

Funny thing is, this isn't all of these guys I've got. There's still at least three more of them down under the pile in my Ankletown Station tote. I know because I managed to find ten of the Lil' Saucers that the figure comes with.

It's definitely another obsession. Although it may be coming to an end now as well, because today, I bought three new guys, but I could have bought five. I looked at the others and thought, "No, I don't really have a place for any more of them," and I left them behind. That's progress, right?

2 comments:

Rish Outfield said...

The in-house band at Ankletown Station are the Anklebiters. I saw them open for Mastodon in 2014.

Big Anklevich said...

A band made up completely of Babu Friks. Or maybe it could be just Jawas and Ugnaughts.