Wednesday, October 18, 2023

So Epic

There's this self-help motivation kind of guy called Ankur Warikoo. A few years ago, he came out with a book called "Do Epic Shit."

I have no idea how good this book is, or if it would change my life if I read it, but I do know that my GM at work...or maybe his own boss, this could come down from further up than him...likes it.

Somebody at my work likes it so much that they gave everyone a copy of the book...well everyone that matters anyway, not me but, like, the reporters and stuff.

Except that it wasn't actually a copy of the book. This was just an empty notebook with "Do Epic Shit" on the cover. It's basically one of those composition notebooks that you had to get for certain classes in high school.

I guess the reporters can use it as their notebook when they're out in the field or something...you know, while they're out doing epic shit.

I didn't get one of the books, but there was one left on the desk right next to me, and it sat there for several days, untouched. I thought, maybe there could be a better use for this thing. This Ankur Warikoo guy is supposed to be some kind of motivational speaker or something, right? Maybe this book could be used to help motivate people. I think I found the perfect spot for it.

There we go. A little motivation always helps.

No comments: