Sunday, October 8, 2023

Out Of Town Again

It's been a weird fall. Only a few weeks ago, I was out in Rish Outfield's neck of the woods visiting, because I had to help my daughter drive the 22 hour drive back to college there.

And now, here I am again, visiting for the second time in a month.

While I was here, we went out to lunch together, but sadly that was all we got to do. I was here with my whole family, and I had to keep them all pleased as well as squeeze Mr. Outfield in. I visited all three of my sisters and my stepmom while I was here, and we tried to do a few fun things as well.

We saw Dead Horse Point on the Colorado River:

We went up in the mountains to see the beautiful fall colors, both from a distance:

And from up close:

We went to a place called Cascade Springs:

And saw a big waterfall called Bridal Veil Falls:

And, the reason we were there was for a wedding. However, since I never show faces of family on here, the only picture I can show you is of the charcuterie boards that my wife made for the occasion:


There were a few things on there that a carnivore like me could eat...although I probably should have skipped it. My vacation turned out to be a huge step backwards for me in the weight loss effort. It'll take a couple weeks to regain that ground.

No comments: