Thursday, October 19, 2023

Vintage Collection At Ross?

I've shopped at Ross a lot...and for a pretty long time too. In all that time, I'd be willing to say that I have never once seen a figure from the Star Wars Vintage Collection for sale there...until the other day.

Suddenly, and I think it was because Ross was starting to ramp up their toy offerings due to the upcoming Christmas holiday, Ross had a whole bunch of things to choose from. I mentioned in my previous posts that I've been finding all sorts of things at Ross that they don't usually have. I found GI Joe Classified figures (and bought them). I found Star Wars Black Series figures (and bought them). And now, I have found Star Wars Vintage Collection figures and bought them.

Star Wars Vintage Collection (heretofore abbreviated as SWVC) is a really high quality 3 3/4 inch figure line. Imagine the 3 3/4 inch figures that we played with back in the 80s, but done with all the tech and expertise of modern toy making. Think of those Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black Series or GI Joe Classified, but just shrunk down to 3 3/4 inches, yet keeping basically all of the fancy articulation that the bigger figures have.

They're really great toys. They're what all the guys like Empire Toy Works use in their space station photos.


Other figures can fit in with them as well, but truthfully, I want there to be mostly Star Wars characters in Ankletown Station. So, it behooves me to get as many SWVC figures as possible, and if they're selling them at Ross, then I need to jump on them, because SWVC's price keeps going up. They used to be around $12 last year, then they went up to $14, and not long after they went up to about $17. If I can get them at Ross prices, then that's a huge win.

So, the first one I found there was this Obi-Wan Kenobi figure from the Disney+ show.

It's a really good likeness of Ewan McGregor if you ask me, and on a 3 3/4 inch figure! He also came with a big brown robe, but it looked pretty crappy to me. It looked like he stole it from my sister's doll collection, so I put it in the accessories bin, and may resurrect it some day in the future for some other figure that can make it look better...or it will just stay forever.

A little while later, I found another SWVC figure at Ross.

Not as good of a likeness, but it's still a great figure of baby Jedi Anakin. I don't know if I will keep both of these figures as is, or swap their heads around with other figures, or what, but I'm stoked to have some new residents for Ankletown Station.

Rish tells me that there is a third figure that he has seen at Ross. It's an older version of Anakin from the Attack of the Clones movie. Hopefully I'll find that one too, although I don't love those old prequel movies, it would still be neat to have more folks for Ankletown.

No comments: