Sunday, October 29, 2023

Ollie's Again

Last week, I went to Ollie's, which is a half hour drive away, to check to see if they had some GI Joe figures that I'd heard on some YouTube videos they were offering. They didn't have what I was after, and I was a little bummed, but they had other things that made the trip worthwhile to me. So, it wasn't a bad experience, and I was willing to give it another shot this Saturday morning.

This time, I was a little more happy about my experience, because they had one of the things that I had gone there in search of in the first place.

Yeah, that's a case of Sgt. Slaughter figures there on the shelf. That's the guy that I was there looking for. Sgt. Slaughter original cost $33, and I was going to skip it altogether. I'd already bought the Action Force version of Sgt. Slaughter, so I didn't really need one. I wanted one, but I didn't have to have it.

Now that it's shown up at Ollie's, however, I wanted it bad. Mostly because, as you can see down there on the bottom of the box, they only wanted $13 for it. I grabbed it right away.

It's a pretty dang cool figure. Sarge is a really big guy too. I set him up next to my other Sgt. Slaughter. Here's how they compare.

The Action Force guy looks like the Hasbro guy's younger brother or something. I'm particularly happy to have actually found the target of my search here. The best part is the one accessory that Sarge comes with.

Yeah, he comes with a miniature version of himself. This toy comes with a toy version of itself. It's a toy within a toy. It's a toy inception. I actually did a post about this way back when they first announced it last summer. Now I have toy inception in my collection as I always hoped I could.

Oh, since I was at Ollie's, I got the Snake Eyes movie figure as well.

As with Sgt. Slaughter, I already have a Snake Eyes...but this guy was only $5. I couldn't turn it down.

The one I have is not the movie figure, so they're not the same. I was thinking I could pull the Storm Shadow out of the lineup of Cobra figures that I have on my shelf...


 And put him together with this Snake Eyes in the middle of some kind of ninja battle in their own little cubby hole.

The new vintage-style version of Firefly is coming out right now, so I could easily swap him into Storm Shadow's spot, so it wouldn't even leave a hole in the line.

Good trip to Ollie's this week. And it looks like it won't be my last. I texted my nephew about how I'd found Sgt. Slaughter at Ollie's, and he asked if I could pick one up for him as well. I was already home, and not about to drive the half hour back to the store, but I told him I'd head over next week to see if I could get one for him still. I could give Ollie's one more chance to have Crimson Guards available to buy, and get my nephew's figure too while I was there. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: