Monday, April 15, 2024

A Macabre Shipment

Yesterday, a package came for me in the mail. I saw the light on our Alexa, and asked it what my notifications were.

"A shipment has arrived, including Blood of Elves."

I couldn't help but laugh. That made it sound like a much more ghoulish shipment than it actually was. It might be a lot neater if it really was something like that. I might be a much more interesting person in that case. Instead, it was referring to this:

Yup, I listened to the audiobooks of those books back in 2023, and I've been meaning to amass the books on my shelves. Now I've managed to get most of them. Just one more left, Season of Storms...the post-finale prequel book.

Maybe I ought to do that on my blog as well. I talk about all the new toys I get in my collection, but I suspect there are more book nerds that see my blog than toy nerds. Maybe I ought to start talking about the books on my shelves too. There's way more of them than there is toys, I think. What do you think? Should I try it? We can discuss the books if you'd like...

3 comments:

Dave said...

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!

Rish Outfield said...

What is a post-finale prequel book? Is that like the Stephen King one (Wind Through The Keyhole?) that he wrote after he'd finished The Dark Tower, that takes place earlier?

Big Anklevich said...

Yes. He wrote it fourteen years after he'd finished the series, and it was set in the middle of the short stories from the very first collection.