Sunday, April 14, 2024

Volume Two Now Available!

Okay, after last month's frenzied publish fest for all my short stories, the time has now arrived to get the collections of those stories out. Phase one of that process is the publishing the eBook version of A Battalion of Ideas: The Short Fiction Collection, Volume Two

I put it together over the last little while and just published it yesterday afternoon. You can find it on Amazon and get seventeen of my stories for the price of...well, not one. It's about what it something like two of them would cost on their own.

Next up will be to make the paperback and hardcover versions. Lastly, I'll get the audiobook done. Some of the stories are already recorded for the audiobook, but only about five or six. That's a pretty low percentage of seventeen, so I've got plenty of work to do on that. Of course, the audiobook version of this book will have to wait until I've finished the audiobook version of Kingdom of Flies and Fireflies: The Short Fiction Collection, Volume One. Shouldn't be that bad. I only have to record the audio for "Kingdom of Flies" to finish up that one. So, things are rolling along.

So, if you are interested, pick up a copy of A Battalion of Ideas: The Short Fiction Collection, Volume Two. Also, when you read it, give the book a review or at least a rating. It doesn't take much, but it makes a big difference on how visible my books are to people. Unreviewed and unrated books might as well not exist on Amazon.

Oh, and I have one more question. When I came up with the idea for the title of the collection, it was a play on the story "The Battle of the Ideas," which we did on the Dunesteef years ago. That story was about a writer whose story ideas had grown tired of being trapped inside his head, and threatened to kill their creator in an attempt to escape and land in some other creator's head that would actually write the stories. So, there's nothing about a battalion of space marines marching down a road in a futuristic city that pertains to that story, nor is there anything like that in any other story in the collection. 

So, my question is, do I need to change my cover or is it okay? The cover refers to the title, and not to any particular story in the book. Is it misleading? Might people buy the book expecting sci-fi space warrior stories and grow angry when they don't get them? I'm just curious what y'all's opinion of that is.

No comments: