Monday, April 8, 2024

Kryptonite Proof

A year ago at this time, I was off the rails. I was taking a trip to Taco Bell every single morning as soon as they opened and buying two 32-ounce cups filled with Mountain Dew Baja Blast Zero. It was my kryptonite. I mean, soda is my kryptonite, but Baja Blast was my preferred soda at the time. I would only drink the Zero Sugar stuff...because I stupidly believe that I was somehow being more health conscious doing that. Of course the Zero Sugar stuff is full of chemicals that are a quick trip to cancer city, but that's neither here nor there. The best tasting drink I could get in a Zero Sugar version was Baja Blast.

It was tough last May when I gave all of that stuff up. It was white knuckles the whole month of June until I got over that hump. That's the great thing about carnivore. If you stick to it, and don't cheat in any way, those cravings that you have for sweets and carbs will eventually leave you.

And for proof, I offer you this:

That's Baja Blast. Right now, for a limited time only, it's available in the grocery stores in 20 oz. bottles. In times past, I would have bought that entire friggin' row of bottles and chugged them before I got all the way home. Instead, with the control that the carnivore diet offers me, I was able to look at them, remember those sad days when I was so out of control desperate to eat sweets and carbs ruefully, and move on.

I don't know why I preach on here about this kind of stuff, because I know that nobody will listen. I'm the weirdo, because I'm eating real food instead of the chemical slop that the factories are churning out. But if you feel like things aren't what they should be, maybe investigate the carnivore diet  and see if there might be something to it. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

No comments: