Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Day 21

I really got into it this evening. I wrote for almost a full hour, and I did 1,377 words. I like that. That's my biggest total this month. The first time I made it over a thousand.

That puts me up to 14,128 on the whole month. It also puts Sunny & Gray at 18,489 words long. I hope this book turns out to be something that people want to read. After attending that writer's conference over the weekend, I fear that it just might not be. There's all these rules that the writers presenting in the panels talked about, and I think Sunny & Gray breaks most of them. They tell me that means my book will be boring. I suppose they're probably right, but I'm still going to write it. It's just one of those stories that doesn't follow the normal three act pattern. But I think there are successful books and movies out there that didn't follow that pattern, so maybe things will turn out all right after all.

No comments: