Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 26

I was really tired today. It took me a long time to get going. I wasted a lot of time on Facebook and other things, like blog posts about lighted toilets. I really didn't feel like writing today.

Even after 500 words, I still didn't feel like it. I checked my word count after at least a half hour, and found that I was only at 507. I could have quit there, because that had beaten the requirement. But yesterday, I said I wanted to make it to 20,000 words on the month, and that meant I had to do at least 666 words.

I plugged away, and something weird happened. My mind added a twist in the story on me, and suddenly I was interested in writing it. Not long after that, I checked and found that I had made it to 943 words. Well above and beyond the number of the beast. I probably could have kept going for a while longer too, but it was getting late, and I was tired before even starting into the writing today. So, I called it a night. I only need 1,036 words to make it to 20,000 on the month now. That's barely more than 500 per day. So, I'm pretty sure I'll easily nail that girl...I mean goal. Sorry for the Freudian slip.

No comments: