Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Day 27

Whoops! Forgot to do this last night.

I got together with Rish to record an episode of the show and just hang out. One of our new traditions, so new that this is only the second time that we've done it, is to sit down at the Wendy's and write together. Well, not together together. It's not a collaboration. Just a way to make sure that we both write.

So, we set a timer for thirty minutes, and just have to sit and write instead of talking. We did it last week, and I felt it was a big success. So, we did it again today...er yesterday. Once again, it was a success.

In half an hour, I got 580 words in. My late-breaking goal of getting 20,000 words in the month is all but guaranteed. I'm at 19,544. So, less than 500 words to go. As long as I do some writing today, I win! So, that's cool.

And today's the last day. I did it. And it has changed my outlook on life. I can't remember ever being more excited about writing. I'm going to make it. With these daily writing goals I'm going to conquer my biggest problem, which is doing the writing. I guess I can deal with other issues that come up after that problem is completely beaten.

So, starting tomorrow, I up my goal to 1,000 words a day. For the whole month of March. Gotta kick it up a notch.

After that, I'll start trying to conquer other goals, like publishing a book, getting together an author website, getting a Patreon up, getting a publishing business license or whatever the hell I need for that. You know, all the other things that need to be done.

No comments: