Sunday, November 26, 2023

Beating The Month's Goal Again

Turned out to be a big day. It's funny, because it wasn't that way. At first, I couldn't get a chance at my computer. If I'd have realized what it was going to be like, I probably would have got my bluetooth keyboard and wrote on my phone. My wife and kids spent all day on there shopping for Cyber Monday deals. Can it be Cyber Monday already when it's only Sunday?

I did manage to eke out about 400 words at one point, before my wife came in and asked to use the computer again, kicking me off. Then, I almost forgot, and didn't come back to get over 500. As I was about to go to bed, I remembered, and ran out to sit down and write some more. After a little while behind the keyboard, I checked the word count and I had just hit my highest total so far.

Yup, I wrote 1,364 words today. Several hundred over my second best. And I wasn't even trying to do that. It just happened. I was just trying to make it over 500...well, over 750, because I wanted to bring my average up. But I definitely didn't expect to get have my best day yet.

And look at my monthly total. What does that make my meter look like?

20015 / 20000 (100.08%)

That's right, I'm over the goal. 100.08%. And I've still got several days to go.

Oh, speaking about writing until I get 750 so that my average would go up, check this out:

With that big time day, I'm above the average I was hoping to reach. I love it when a plan comes together. But not everything is honky dory. Let me bring in my year-to-date meter to bring us all back down to earth.

22387 / 304475 (7.35%)

There we go. That's barely showing any progress at all. That'll keep me from getting a big head. Still got a lot of work to do, no matter how well this month is going.

No comments: