Tuesday, November 7, 2023

More Hot Wheels

I mentioned a few months ago that I was getting some Hot Wheel cars to go along with my 1/72 space station building, because it turns out that they are just about perfectly in scale. I got several of these cars when I saw them at the dollar store, because they really look like they belong in a futuristic (possibly dystopian) place.



Well, it's been a few months since I bought any more Hot Wheels, but on Saturday I stumbled upon two different cars in one day that I figured I should get. First, while I was waiting in the check out line at Ollie's, I saw this chromed out beauty.

It's so chromey that it is almost all reflections instead of its own color, but it really said space car to me, and they only wanted a buck, so I threw it in the cart.

A moment later, we were at the dollar store next to Ollie's, and I saw this car:

It's the truck from the Lightyear movie. They also had a couple of ships, but those were the same size as the truck, and therefore way too small for this scale. I have this truck in the bigger scale, so it will inhabit both space stations that I put together. It needs a little weathering, but it could be fun putting crap in the back of it, to make it transport cargo around the station or something.

Two good additions, I think. I should get to work building a place for them to inhabit. This one should be even easier, because it will be mostly made of cardboard.

No comments: