Thursday, November 23, 2023

Eating The Frog Before Eating The Turkey

I suspected that today would be tough to find a time for writing, so I jumped on it early again. I ate that frog first thing. I put on my sweats and jacket, and went out for a walk. I dictated 599 words into my phone as I went. It was a little miserable, because it is really cold in Houston right now. It was about 45 degrees out there, and I hadn't prepared for that. I had to keep my hands out to hold the phone to my mouth for dictation, and my hands froze to death.

599 is pretty weak. It's going to bring my average back down, but I made the daily goal, and I did it on Thanksgiving, which is better than a lot of people can say. It wasn't enough to put me over 17,000 for the month, though. Boo.

16969 / 20000 (84.84%)

84.84% of the way there. I'm going to definitely beat that goal too. I was only trying to get to 15,000 for the month, but an extra five thousand will come easily, it seems.

That did bring my average back down, though. It's seven words down today. Back at 737. Gonna need a few 1,000 word days so I can get over 750.

19341 / 304475 (6.35%)

Nothing to really remark about with the meter. Still in the 6% level. Still behind, but making plodding progress. Maybe, if I get time, I'll see if I can't add a few words for the day. We'll see how busy the day turns out to be. We're not going anywhere, but we are all home together, so we'll probably be doing some nice family activities or something.

No comments: