Wednesday, November 1, 2023

No Fail November

November has arrived, and with it a full month to write. My goal was originally to be that I must simply write every day in November. After hitting 500 words per day every day in the tail of October, however, I think I can up that goal. So, I will not just be writing every day, but 500 words every day.

Today started the month off well. I wrote 553 words today, hitting the goal again without too much trouble. If I can continue to be successful like this, I may even try upping my goal before the month is out. But it will be at least a week before I consider that. We'll see. Here's the chart for the new month:


And, here it is combined with October, giving us the view of the year-to-date totals.

I added a new thing in this time around where I have the spreadsheet calculate my average word count for the month. I thought that could be interesting. So far, it's not, but give it time. It might get there. Maybe I can use the averages to motivate myself to write more, trying to beat last month's average or something.

Oh, should I start doing my progress toward my goal meter? This is what it looks like right now:

2925 / 304475 (0.96%)

Oooh, 0.96% That's not so encouraging. I haven't even made it to one percent yet. Well, maybe I need to give myself a monthly goal so this thing isn't so discouraging.

If I'm shooting for 500 words a day, then my goal for the month is 15,000 words. So, that's what I'll go with. That makes my progress meter look like this:

 

553 / 15000 (3.69%)

3.69% is a little better, though still not amazing. It'll climb a lot faster though, so I'll keep it up, I suppose.

No comments: