Saturday, November 25, 2023

Four Weeks Plus One

Okay, this is the fifth Saturday in a row that I've written.

I probably could have gotten more words, but I definitely could have gotten less too. I almost quit earlier several times. However, seeing my average go lower instead of higher made me keep going. I was never going to get to 750 average per day if I kept undercutting myself. After today, I'm only four words away.

But I also only have five days left in the month. Is that enough? I hope so. With averages it's hard to say. You have to overcome the low numbers from earlier in the month with higher numbers. It seems like, every day that I write above 750 that I should bring the average up, and I suppose that is true, but it may not bring it up enough. So, I've got to keep at it.

So, my meter for the month has me at:

18651 / 20000 (93.25%)

93% I think means that this goal is also definitely going to happen. I probably should have put this down as my goal from the beginning, instead of wimping out with the 15,000 goal, which is simply getting exactly 500 words a day. Nobody gets exactly 500 words, you always go over. So, of course there will be more. In my defense, however, I was just supposed to be remembering to write this month. The goal was just to write every day. I suspected that I would be out of the habit enough that I might need that. Turns out, I was just fine, and was able to skip ahead to the 500 words a day goal that was supposed to be for next month.

My year-to-date meter says this:

21023 / 304475 (6.90%)

Dang, just missed the 7% level. Maybe I ought to take my numbers to the meter before deciding if I'm done for the day. That way I could know if I only needed a few more words to hit another level. I guess I'll get there tomorrow. It doesn't matter, because 29 days is 7.945% of a year...although, this upcoming year is a leap year, so it's actually on 7.923%. Either way I'm almost a full percent behind where I need to be to beat the goal. It's okay, I'll pass that up next month in the 1,000 words a day goal month.

No comments: