Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Star Wars Christmas, Episode II: Attack Of The Santa Jawa

I wasn't planning on getting any more of those Star Wars Black Series Christmas figures since I couldn't find that K2SO figure, but I was on the phone with Rish Outfield while doing my usual toy collecting rounds, and he commented about finding the Jawa that was dressed in Santa robes at the GameStop he was in.

"Oh," I thought, "maybe I need to go to a GameStop and see if they have it here too."

I almost never go to GameStops, because they charge more for their figures than Walmart or Target, and I don't appreciate the markup. I take pride that my collection was mostly assembled from clearance buys or at second run stores like Ross and Ollie's. However, I never see those Christmas figures, so I was willing to give it a try.

They had a couple of ugly figures that I couldn't bring myself to buy, and...the Jawa!

I liked it enough that I had to buy it, even though it was still at full price. I did give them Rish's phone number when they asked for one, and that got me 5% off, so that was good.

The Jawa is fun. I have to figure out what I'll do with it exactly. Do I display it on its own? Do I display it with the Salacious Crumb?

Or, do I keep getting more of these figures, and display them all together? I'm willing to guess what the final answer will be.

No comments: